View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #132
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
There are clearly some on this board who think league-wide demand for Iggy is going to be more widespread and aggressive than what I can envision right now. Don't get me wrong. He's a good player I've liked for some time now, and I think he'd be a very good fit at SF in the starting lineup if/when Booby gets up to speed, but his scoring this season has left a lot to be desired (thus far it's been a steep continuation of a downward trend that goes back several years) and he'll be owed 44 million over three years on the next, and likely more salary-restrictive, CBA. I just don't see teams tripping over one another in a mad dash to give Philly a significant haul of early first-round picks or highly prized youngsters to go along with cap flexibility and quality veterans.
I hope you're right. I hope the desire to get this guy is quite low and Dallas can swoop in and grab him on the cheap. I think that you might find yourself surprised though considering his talents and age.

The haul? I am certainly not sure about that and I already said as much in a similar thread as his stats this year (and to a lesser degree last year) could play a role in hurting Philly. But suitors? Again, I hope you're right, but I fear you're not.