View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #140
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Dre's really struggling. Is it related to his injury or has he really fallen off?

I've only seen him play a little bit this year and he seemed like the same player. His shot was off but he was playing Boston.
I haven't watched him much this year but I get the impression that he's dogging it. I'm really picking up the Vince-Carter-in-his-last-couple-of-years-with-Toronto vibe from Iggy. I really don't know how much his injury is bothering him, but he seems like he's wanted to get out of Philly for a while now. I really think if he were traded to a contender he'd probably have the best showing of his career. I'm not really basing this on anything concrete, that's just the impression I get from him.

In any case, even with the way he's playing this year, I would trade Butler for Iggy a friggin heartbeat. I think he just fits this team's needs much better than Butler. Butler is essentially just a midrange shooter (albeit a damn good one) and that's not what the team needs from SF IMO. We DESPERATELY need a wingman who can get into the paint consistently, and Iggy provides that. Again I know that hasn't been the case this year, but given his age and his career history, I think that's an anomaly. Iggy's also a MUCH better defender, and as improved as we've been in that area this year, I think our defense would be that much more formidable if you swapped Butler for Iggy. Iggy's also one of the best passers in the league for his position. While Butler is by no means a bad passer, Iggy is considerably better and can even play point-forward now and then, which frankly I think is something the Mavs have needed for years (imagine if Josh Howard had great passing skills), especially now considering Kidd's lack of foot-speed and inability to get into the paint. Having Iggy help out in facilitating the offense would not only help the ball movement, but would also allow Kidd to spot up more often which is definitely a good thing. All in all, while he doesn't have Butler's shooting range, frankly I think he is exactly the type of player we need from that position.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Iggy's a better rebounder too

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-15-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote