View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #150
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
He is averaging 14 ppg on already a bad scoring team he is there lead dog and gets plenty of iso's. His FG % and FT% numbers are significantly down from his career average, his passing is still there and he is a great rebounder, I just don't see him as a significant upgrade at all, then why mess with chemistry? From all signs I think the players love Butler and his loose attitude
Uh, because I don't think the chemistry is that great? Honestly, this is probably more about Butler than Iggy. I'm just not a huge fan of his game, never have been, and his skillset really makes him the odd man out. We desperately need, and have needed for years, an athletic wingman whose first instinct is to attack the basket, and who can also play some point. This team is essentially nothing but a bunch of midrange shooters. Not one slasher in the whole bunch. Not one. Hell, why do you think we blow so many 20 point leads and always have? Because this team does and always has lived and died by the jumpshot. We can argue until we're blue in the face how much of an upgrade he is, but it comes down to this; Iggy fills our needs, Butler doesn't. Slashing, passing, rebounding, defense... Those are the things we need from that position. We need those things a lot more than we need Butlers midrange shooting.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote