View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 10:01 AM   #38
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

I really felt like this thing was decided in the first quarter. I call it the Antione Walker effect. The Mavs made 7 of their first 11 3-pointers and it made me cringe. They did not attack the basket and that's what they needed to do to win. They hit 3-pointers and got comfortable shooting them, decided they could hit them, and kept taking them the entire damn game.
Plenty of blame to go around. Dirk certainly played like crap, but I just kept getting frustrated at all the 3s shot. For the love of god, guys, take it to the basket. No more 3s!
By the late 3rd quarter I was getting really sarcastic with those I was watching the game with. "Hey! I know what we need now! Another 3!" And that's what they did. They kept shooting 3s. I have to bame Avery on some level. I know he probably didn't tell the guys, "Go out there and shoot a bunch of 3s." But that's what they did, and it didn't stop, so it was kind of Avery's de facto plan.

Last edited by DevinFuture; 05-04-2007 at 10:02 AM.
DevinFuture is offline   Reply With Quote