View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #51
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
OK, that's fair enough if you actually think they're gunna be really good with Dirk. Yes, Dirk is a Hall of Famer but this set of guys look like they have no chemistry. They can't defend. They can't rebound. And I'm sure they don't like Carlislie much at this point. So you think a 34 year old Dirk who just came off of Knee surgery is going to magically to fix all of this? I think Dirk coming back will def give the team a lift both on the court and mentally. However, I still think they'll be a mediocre team that will get owned in the playoffs. I would love to eat crow on this but I just honestly can't see how Dirk can fix all the problems of this team.
Well, the offense will fix almost from self. You have a true halfcourt option and its a huge different if Mayo/Kaman are the 2nd/3rd options or the go-to-guys.

Right now we are playing most of the time smallball at the four with Crowder or Marion. Dirk (even coasting on rebounding the past seasons in the RS) is still an excellent defensive rebounder, so this will improve too.

The potential is still there. way too much potential to go in tank mode if Dirk could be back healty in 2-3 weeks.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote