View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #9
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Truth be known, I don't know this judge from any other judge.

However, there are some things that I find disturbing.

To me a judge should be 100% impartial, and a Judge should not be clouded by "Life Experiences" when interpreting the law.

A persons gender or race should have absolutely NO bearing on being qualified or not...however, how they use this aspect of their being will indicate one's character and it should be examined. If one's life experiences causes them to rule against or for some one due to Race or Gender, then they are in fact making a judicial decision as a racist.

It is fair to examine this point and that is all I believe the opposition is wanting to do.

What I don't understand is why we are seeing so much opposition from the left to having a fully open discussion about this or nearly any other issue?
So I suppose you vehemently opposed the nomination of Samuel Alito, who has said basically the same thing? Or perhaps you just read some Limbaugh-esque partisan rant and took it as gospel.

Sonia Sotomayor is the most qualified Supreme Court nominee in a hundred years. No one else has her combination of academic credentials and judicial experience. There is no reason for anybody to oppose her nomination.