View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #23
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
A numbers liberal is a liberal that likes to use numbers (quotas) to try and "fix" the country.
oh, gee, what a conjured description.

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification on the numbers...That's kinda surprising to me to be honest..that the supremes reverse about 75% of their cases.

With respect to Sotomayor...I don't know enough about her to know all of her judicial "judgements". But if the facts of the firemen's case (don't really want to look it up) are true, then I'd not vote her in. Of course this is just on a cursory judgement (message board and all)...but that case should have been open and shut the other way imo. If she disagrees...I expect our opinions are a little crosswise.
the "facts" of the fireman's case? the fact is she, and the other two members of the appeals court, unanimously affirmed the judgement of the lower court opinion which applied a section of the civil rights act that has been used for over 40 years.

a was said in the oral arguments, the city was in a no win situation. the firemen who passed the test were not "denied a promotion", the city decided to have a do over. all the promotions were delayed.

Quote:
The only reason I even jumped in here was what I believe is a ridiculous over-the-top assertion that she's the best(or most qualified) candidate in 100 years(or was it 60?). I haven't really taken a long look at her, except for the case mentioned.

Rush/Newt kool-aid, funny........You guys are obsessed with those dudes. I haven't listened to Rush more than a dozen times in years.

I must however admit it's quite funny(and not funny ha ha ) how the left is touting a hispanic nominee....all the while they were witch hunting Estrada...and they'll get away with it because of the media I expect.
not very funny, see it is simply looking at the person's work and deciding if they merit promotion, not being focused on their race or ethnicity. estrada had a very troubling trail of poor work, therefore he was not acceptable. being a latino had no bearing nor should it allow for a weak candidate to be affirmed.

apparently you are a "numbers conservative", looking at ethnicity as the factor rather than the person....

Last edited by Mavdog; 06-02-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote