View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #33
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Cry me a river... who hasn't.

Quote:
Consider three examples. First, in a 2002 speech at Cardozo Law School, Sotomayor stated:
As accomplished as I have been in my professional settings, I am always looking over my shoulder wondering if I measure up and always concerned that I have to work harder to succeed. This is a pathology of successful Latinos and other accomplished individuals who come from economically deprived populations.

More race drivel.

Quote:
Second, in a speech to the National Puerto Rican Coalition in 1998, Sotomayor said:
We are a nation that takes pride in our ethnic diversity, recognizing its importance in shape we can and must function and live in a race and color blind way that ignores those very differences that in other contexts we laud.

And an example of a numbers liberal. Gotta get those lation numbers UP and get those Asian numbers DOWN...

Quote:
Third, Sotomayor's speeches show her to be an inveterate "bean counter." In her "Wise Latina" speech, she complained:
As of today we [Hispanics] have no Supreme Court justices, and we have only 10 out of 147 active Circuit Court judges and 30 out of 587 active district court judges. Those numbers are grossly below our proportion of the population.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote