View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 02:41 PM   #489
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super B View Post
I was having a polite discussion with some clueless spare YouTuber who said Carlisle is a Hall of Fame coach. I nearly fell off my chair. This (below) is what I wrote.

Carlisle has been the HC for the Mavs for 12 seasons (11 full seasons, this is the 12th now). Eight of those seasons his teams made the playoffs. Twice, let me repeat two times, his teams have made it past the first round. Season one (08-09), in Dirk’s peak, they went to the second round (4-1 over SA, 1-4 lost to DEN). Then they won the championship in 2011. Then the geniuses who are Cuban, Donnie and Carlisle dismantled the team. Would they have won another title? Maybe not, but we never got to find out what that group could have done the next season.

After the championship, the Mavs have made the playoffs five times and been ousted in the first round all five times. Is that a HOF coach, or just a guy with some longevity? Clearly without question, outside of one championship season, his best days were early in his career in the Eastern Conference with Detroit and especially Indy.
Are you trying to argue that Rick isn’t a HOF coach? I’d fall out of my chair if someone tried to argue that he wasn’t.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote