View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #23
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I can argue, (you might not agree with it), that Kareem was never the best player on his own team when he won any of those championships. So if you want to argue team performance, then Russell wins. If you want to argue individual performance then Chamberlain wins. If you want both, then I could see Kareem in there -- although I have no idea how you said it isn't arguable and we have been arguing it for a while now.

Thanks Nowhere, it has been fun in this argument. I've got to go for now though.
Okay, fair enough, there is definitely room to debate. I just think that kareem's sustained excellence individually and his success in terms of rings just puts him an unqualified first on the list. With Russell you can always say he wasn't the best center of the time because Wilt led him in most categories, and with Wilt you could say he wasn't the best because Russell won all the championships. It's a good debate, I just think that Kareem is the best overall candidate.

But I guess you can't go wrong with any of those guys playing center for your dream team, now can you :-P
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote