View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 09:31 PM   #15
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:*edited* fin,jet,kidd,RJ....

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
I really like this trade as well but I dont see Cuban doing this because of the high risks involved.
This is my thought as well, and Cuban would probably be correct. If things worked out on the other hand, these two would probably put you over the top. Do the Mavs, as currently constructed, have the pieces to get over the top?
Good question. I would have said 'yes' before last night but Nash reminded me what a good passing PG could do for a team. Guys like Damp, JHo, etc., who cannot create their own shot would benefit tremendously with Kidd handling the ball. It's no open secret why every Center & PF in the league want to play with Kidd. In fact, Spurs & Duncan almost gave up on Parker while courting Kidd. And we all know Parker is no slouch.

The only risk as I see is if Kidd's knee recovers fully or not. And I'd say let's wait a couple months to find out. We do the deal only if we're convinced he's healthy.

Kidd's contract is ugly but it's Cuban's money and I'm sure he wouldn't mind as long as the deal puts us a step or two closer to the title.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote