View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #28
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Ladies, get your abortions NOW!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Erica - From a legal standpoint, I agree with you. It should be (and was, before Roe v. Wade) an issue for each state to decide. The Supreme Court had no business creating the "right to privacy," and the only reason that it did so was to invalidate state laws which made abortion a crime.

Would such laws be kept on the books and/or passed at a state level if Roe v. Wade was wiped off the books by the United States Supreme Court? I suspect that they would, in some form or fashion.

LRB - I understand your position on rape, but I respectfully disagree with it. Why should the child be killed when it was his father who committed the crime?

reeds - You said, "I personally dont believe in abortion..." Why not?
In point of fact, California legalized it four years before Roe. So if the court hadn't created a right out of whole cloth I could easily see it moving across the country via the more liberal states.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote