View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 01:26 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/7...-season-so-far

Here's a short qoute from one of the guys but most of them seem to think along the same lines about Cuban as owner right now

Jordan:
Still, hard to characterize the off-season as a success so far. Owner Mark Cuban continues to be remarkably cheap, and for every good move the front office makes there is a head scratcher to follow. Which sort of makes me foolishly believe another move is on the horizon.

My Thoughts
Seems like some of these other teams are going all in to try and try win now and the Mavs are still being conservative hoping that something hit with Luka as the lone ranger.

I like the McGee pickup no doubt but man what if they could have kept JB and still added McGee to that WCF's team from this year.

That was our biggest issue no rebounding or interior defense
I'm convinced they got Hardy knowing Brunson was gonna walk...which is fine. They still failed to get ANY assets for Brunson which is a fail, but they kinda mopped up before the mess. Hardy's ceiling is higher than Brunson's. That doesn't mean he'll reach it, but his talent is undeniable. He shouldn't have fallen to 26 let alone 37. I'm still trying to find the red flags GMs were looking at, but I guess summer league will show some?

I agree the Mavs need to keep improving to stay competitive, but man, Wood is a huge upgrade over Powell, so they certainly didn't stay stagnant there. And adding McGee is a big center upgrade.

Plus, we are getting 15 ppg from THJ back. We're just missing a backup PG now.

Question is whether they will actually f'in keep Wood after the season or he'll leave to some other team. THAT is what would keep me up at night. Mavs just don't understand how modern FA works. I'm convinced of it.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote