View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 08:16 PM   #166
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

RC isn't known as a defensive coach, and it certainly shows. The flow offense is his pet, and it sure worked 10 years ago with Kidd at the point calling the plays. Was that the offense or an all-time great HoF point guard running what he wanted from experience based upon the defense?

On the outside looking in, it looks more like perimeter passing with small ball lineups launching 3's from the way RC has been playing games for years. Personally, I'm sick and tired of it and have been for years. Hell, I'd take a Richie Adubato over Carlisle right now. He knew how to use bigs and coach defense. I just think RC is a poor fit for how I wish the roster was constructed and utilized. I wouldn't be sad at all if he moved on and continued being an "all-time great" coach with somebody else.

It's not going to happen, so I think you can stick a fork in these Mavs for the season. We saw glimpses of potential with big men and defense when we had a mostly full roster, but face it, RC isn't predisposed to playing like that unless he's forced to personnel-wise, so when it comes crunch time, he'll go back to what he's comfortable with.

It's sad to waste another year, but the MBT also wasted years of peak Dirk, so it's nothing new, and as far as FA goes, if all things are equal financially, I can understand players picking other teams over the Mavs solely because of the coach. It's not just the city of Dallas. Dallas is a great city in a great state. Outside of a CA team, NY, or Miami, I have a hard time believing that Dallas can't measure up to all of the other NBA cities. I do know one constant aside from location in all of these many years of failed FA - RC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by turin; 01-28-2021 at 08:24 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote