View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 01:47 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
My honest answer is that I don't think its about "allowing certain posters" to use profanity as much as it is different mods having different thresholds.
Fortunately or unfortunately, that is primarily the case. Different thresholds with different users at times aswell.

Quote:
Also, its possible that many posts are never even read by a mod, that's what the "Report" button is for.
Indeed. I for one hardly visit the main mavs section of the site. simply because i dont have the time to keep up.

The community standards state:
"Vulgarity and Sexual Explicitness -- As a community with a diverse variety of members and readers, we ask that our members to post without using vulgarity. Vulgarity not only includes vulgar language and pictures but also sexist, racist, anti-religious and homophobic language which may offend other members. In addition, the "masking" of vulgarity by inserting * or another keystroke in place of one or more letters in a vulgar term is acceptable in most cases. However, all uses of vulgarity are open to editing or deletion by moderators. We realize that there's a "grey area" of judgment with vulgarity but we ask that you'll respect others by avoiding vulgarity and our right to determine what constitutes it and take appropriate action. "

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.

Last edited by LonestarROB; 06-17-2006 at 01:50 PM.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote