View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #249
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
Don't get me wrong. I'm not comfortable with that. I didn't vote for him. And I'm very worried.
Then I'm sorry if I directed any of my last post at you.

Quote:
But the Democrats have a share of blame to take too. Hillary ignored white working class Middle Americans' valid concerns about trade and the economy just as much as she ignored racist, misogynistic, nationalistic, anti-immigrant fervor.
I agree with all of that... I wonder how this election would have turned out if Bernie got the nod? Or better yet, Joe Biden... I absolutely hate that the Dems saw the last 8 years as just "keeping the seat warm" for Hillary. She was the most despised presidential nominee in US history until Trump came along. This election was a complete shitshow.

I think both parties chose loathsome candidates this election. I'm not a Republican, but I would have voted for Kasich over Hillary... Maybe even Jeb! or Rubio (although I think Cruz was just as bad as Clinton, although for completely different reasons)... Like, I would have been happy with any result in a Biden vs. Kasich race.

And of course, a Trump presidency is a lot more scary with the Republicans winning both the House and the Senate, soon to be followed by the Supreme Court... The last time one party had that much power was 1929, which of course resulted in the Great Depression... Unless the Republicans stand up to this guy, he's going to have all the power to do whatever pops into that stupid little head of his. I dunno about you, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea of Paul Ryan being our last line of defense against an all-out dictatorship.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote