View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #75
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I wouldn't like giving up Butler for Iguodala. I don't think that's a huge upgrade.

I would prefer to keep Butler and get Iguodala so we can have a nice, well defined 1-2-3 as far as offensive punch. Iguodala/Marion as the starting wings would have some issues since neither are great at shooting.

I think Brand's contract is just too toxic to add. You cannot pay a backup caliber PF that kind of money. and Iguodala isn't good enough to absorb that contract.
Yeah, Iggy isn't better than Butler. At least not offensively. I'd like Iggy if we keep Butler or get a bigger name than him (not sure Iggy and a big name is possible) and, like you said, have Dirk as the first option and Iggy and Butler as the second and third, in whichever order you want to put them in. 2a and 2b, you could say. Or 3a and 3b might be more realistic, but between the two most nights we'd have another solid option.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote