View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #45
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You guys seem to be missing the point - NOBODY is going to pay a recently-injured Okafor $10m, but if healthy, he might still be able to give you the production of a $10m player... The guy could be an excellent bargain if signed cheap.
I still think he gets a "make good" one year deal in the 5m range. Similar to the *gulp* Kaman "deal".

I think if the mavs go the Okafor route, and it seems like a pretty strong possibility given the nature of Gortat, Sanders, Asik, Chandler, Varajao situations, then MBT would have to hedge with a 3rd capable FA Center I would think. In other words sign Okafor for 5-6m and use the savings on backup Center and PF(Jordan Hill?) and it just about equals Gortat straight up.

I think Brandon Wright is trade fodder to give the team more trade and roster flexibility.
I wont be bummed if Wright is back, i like his game in medium to small doses, but I would much rather see Wright and Ellington go before Calderon.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote