View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #50
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Don't know how effectively he can play SF, but he'd be a nice SG if we are comfortable playing Ellis at the PG.
I don't know the numbers behind this, but from what I've seen Tucker's best matchup defensively is 3/4 combo types... and he can play SG on offense if needed. He's mostly going to be camping in the corners and waiting for open looks. Fits a huge need IYAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I think the Okafor spot could fit in fine if we let Bernard James go. Then have the same rotation of Dalembert/Wright/ Blair. Okafor is a combo big man really. He can sorta shoot mid-range if healthy. But that's where he can be last guy on the bench ready for action. This this scenario IMO would happen if we can't draft the best center possible. Or if Gortat chooses to stay in Washington. I don't see going after Okafor as a quick signing when offseason starts.
If Okafor is healthy, he is instantly the best center on the roster. Not some deep bench player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
As for the mentions of PJ tucker...
I'd prefer giving money to Gordon Hayward instead. Even Ariza if that were the case.
Hayward isn't much of a defender and his shooting percentages have dropped across the board every year... sure, he'd get better looks playing next to Dirk and Ellis, but he's still mostly a volume scorer at this point. That doesn't fill much of a need. Tucker is basically the opposite... plays great defense and is a killer from the corners. And he'll probably cost about half of the guaranteed money that Hayward will.

Last edited by spreedom; 06-07-2014 at 08:46 AM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote