View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 01:16 AM   #56
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I don't know the numbers behind this, but from what I've seen Tucker's best matchup defensively is 3/4 combo types... and he can play SG on offense if needed. He's mostly going to be camping in the corners and waiting for open looks. Fits a huge need IYAM.

If Okafor is healthy, he is instantly the best center on the roster. Not some deep bench player.

Hayward isn't much of a defender and his shooting percentages have dropped across the board every year... sure, he'd get better looks playing next to Dirk and Ellis, but he's still mostly a volume scorer at this point. That doesn't fill much of a need. Tucker is basically the opposite... plays great defense and is a killer from the corners. And he'll probably cost about half of the guaranteed money that Hayward will.

Yah.. but you said the keyword "IF" about Okafur. Which means having him be a down the bench player wouldn't hurt to try for cheap.

Tucker isn't a starter. I see him merely as a role player. Mavs have enough of those already. He's also undersized for being 6'6... Which is also why I would prefer front office gave big money to Carmelo, Deng, Parsons, Hayward, or Ariza instead. Dallas clearly needs an starting SF who can help carry the load offensively.

Last edited by yahyes; 06-08-2014 at 01:17 AM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote