View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #66
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

For me all of my "dream" scenarios for the Mavs this summer revolves around trading Calderon. I like the guy but I don't think he is the right fit on the floor with Ellis... and I choose 2013-14 Ellis > any version of Calderon.

I see Calderon as someone we might be able to trade to the Pacers in a deal for either Hibbert or Stephenson (sign and trade). Obviously, Stephenson probably isn't super popular pick at this point, but he has a high ceiling and plays solid D. Can he fill any minutes at the 3?

Overall this is where I am at as far as "hopeful" 2014-15 Mavs roster:

PG- Harris/Larkin
SG- Ellis/Carter/Ledo
SF- Deng (or Ariza)/Crowder/Marion
PF- Dirk/Wright/Marion
C- Hibbert (or Chandler/Gortat)/Dalembert

Okafur scares me too much right now. Only reason I trust Chandler more is because of his history of success medically in Dallas.

Anyways, any thoughts on the probability that the Mavs could trade Calderon this summer? I know he is a reliable passer/ball handler with elite 3 pt skills, but I just dont see his Defense working on the same team as Ellis. Harris + Deng/Ariza solidifies our defense on the perimeter and adding a Hibbert/Chandler changes our inside game tremendously.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 06-12-2014 at 03:44 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote