View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #76
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Monroe is Brandan Wright v1.1
Except with much better, more sustained, more consistent success. Maybe they're similar looking players if you look at the stat sheets instead of the game footage, but there's a very big reason why Monroe can consistently play 30-35 MPG while Wright maxes out at about 20. And stylistically, they aren't very similar at all. Monroe is a finesse player who scores well on the block, who was a top-12 rebounder despite playing next to Drummond (#2 in the league in RPG) for the bulk of his minutes... and he's an excellent passer. Wright is an athlete first, second, and third. I'm sure their per-36 numbers are similar, but you have to take into account that Wright plays on a poor rebounding team and is almost exclusively playing against teams' second units.

To me, the only real similarities in the guys are that neither is a particularly strong defender or rim protector even though they're both pretty big guys. I don't see any correlation other than that. Do you really think Wright would be averaging 13/9 as a starter? I don't... not for a minute.

Last edited by spreedom; 06-17-2014 at 07:48 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote