View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #77
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Assuming we don't get Melo, even though I think we have a better chance than people think, because Houston and Chicago would both have to make some trades to even be able to sign him... But ideally I think we should go after Deng and try to trade for Tyson Chandler. That would instantly improve our defense and probably make us a top 4-6 team in the west. I'm not sure how trading for Chandler would work out financially because he's owed a lot of money this next season (like $15 mil), so hopefully that wouldn't affect our ability to sign Deng and still pay Dirk at least $10mil per.

Now with that being said, this is what I actually think will happen knowing our luck in free agency. We strike out on Melo, Deng, and Parsons (if we even go after him). The Knicks refuse to trade us Tyson, Washington overpays for Gortat so we don't get him, the Pacers end up keeping Hibbert, and some bad team overpays for Monroe and we don't get him either. So then we end up with Ariza (not bad but ehh) at SF and Emeka Okafor at center.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote