View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 01:23 AM   #78
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
You can't just look at raw numbers.

Playoff Dirk: 25 PER, 58% TS, .207 WS/48, 119 ORtg, 107 DRtg

Playoff Malone: 21 PER, 53% TS, .140 WS/48, 106 ORtg, 103 DRtg

Dirk just destroys him. Only thing Malone has a slight edge in is defense.

Kind of hard to pull the "prime" card as well, considering pre-age 32 Malone Playoff PER high was 25. Dirk has already topped that SIX times. Dirk has had SIX better post-seasons than Malone had by the same age.
I've already explained why I don't rely on PER because it doesn't take into account defensive performance. I don't think it's hard to pull the prime card unless you are saying you don't expect Dirk's playoff numbers to fall as he ages. At the end of the day you are comparing 11 seasons of data to 18. Dirk's playoff numbers will drop.

I prefer raw numbers. You prefer PER. Neither of us have as much reliance in the other guy's numbers so we can agree to disagree. But now that I've explained how I concluded that Malone's playoff numbers are better, since I use the raw numbers, please stop calling me names.

Either way, it seems like as of today we are almost in agreement on where Dirk is ranked, save around 4-5 spots.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote