View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 07:04 PM   #855
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'm not saying the MBT has done some kind of amazing job- the Josh Green pick looks like a waste- but they've hardly been terrible either. The truth is, building an NBA title contender is really frigging hard, and requires a LOT of good luck. The Mavs, sadly, ran into some really bad luck with Porzingis.
Why was Green a bad pick?

I'm just curious as to why people feel this way.

My feeling is he's a good player very active on defense and does a great job on offense in terms of moving without the ball.

I felt like when he was getting minutes doing the covid situation he actually got better game by game.

But IMO I just don't think RC gave him that much rope as a rookie. On most other rosters I think he would be getting 10-12 MPG every night.

I fully expect Green to turn out to be a solid NBA rotation player down the road.

As for KP, I just think it's a matter of him staying healthy and also the Mavs need to keep him engaged offensively early in games. He has a tendency to venture outside all game if the Mavs aren't calling set plays for him.

That Brooklyn game was more like a blue print as to how he should be used but I know because this a 3-point happy team we may not see KP utilized that way moving forward.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote