View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Dirk's done several radio interviews where he talked about how tough it was to miss out on Deron and talked about building this team and then trying again for a big fish in 2013. Which is essentially what he said in this article.

Now, he said other things that are new. Specifically, I think it's interesting that he was so blunt about playing out the string this season. And "not building around hope" is much more blunt than he's ever been and provides some clout to the story.

Again, I'm not saying this is all old news or not interesting. I'm just not sure it's a huge story.
Being disappointed about missing on Deron and looking to 2013 to land a big fish sounds like Dirk was at least publicly on board at the direction, at the least, he was trusting the FO would make it work. The gist I got out of his comments tell me he is losing faith and confidence in what they are trying to do, and he is giving this upcoming offseason as a last chance. Anyway, this adds up to not only interesting but a big deal from my interpretation.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote