View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
He wouldn't guard Westbrook, he would guard Sefolosha. Not that it would really matter much, it is proved that there is basically no correlation between PG defense, and winning basketball games. It's the least impactful defensive position, by far. Nash would be awesome if Deron doesn't come, but in order to have any chance for a championship, we'd also have to sign a guy like Gortat, who is a good defender, and (!) a nice pick&roll weapon in the post, to compliment the pick&pop game between Nash and Dirk. Now getting this guy, would be a lot tougher than getting Nash, because i don't even know if there is such guy out there, who we could get with the remaining capspace in that scenario.
I don't know how you can make that assertion. The field day opposing point guards would have driving into the lane against Nash would cause all sorts of downstream issues for the Mavs --- big man foul trouble, help/rotation defense issues, and poorer perimeter rotations as a result of penetration into the lane.

I just don't know if Nash's offensive skills really offset the liabilities he causes on the defensive end. Gortat would be a very nice get, but I just don't think thats realistic.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote