View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 06:24 PM   #71
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
What am I missing on Baldwin? Not seeing an impact NBA level player...

Would love to snag a high floor type like Tshiebwe or Kessler, productive college big men who might not project a super high ceiling otherwise.

I'll also throw Colin Castleton into the mix from Florida.
Yeah I shouldn't have included him. I just saw him on a bunch of draft lists at 21 where we are. He's got a quick jumper with good mechanics, but otherwise he's very limited. His ceiling is Bertans.

I think our best bet is drafting someone limited offensively and teaching them to set good screens and roll to the hoop. Powell's entire skillset can't be that rare. If all they can do is defend and rebound, they shouldn't be a lottery pick. Grab someone like that at 21, train them to set screens and catch lobs from Luka/JB/Dinwiddie and they can be a 10-15 year starter. We don't need Wilt Chamberlain to score 60. We just need a screener for Luka, an oop recipient to keep offenses honest inside, and a rebounder to make sure we don't give up 40-second chance points.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote