View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #65
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Name a player who fits the criteria you just listed, is available, and could be received for a package including an injured Butler.
I'm not disagreeing that Butler doesn't fill that void better than most of the players available via trade/FA signing. However, what about the Rockets? Could Kevin Martin be had for the combo of Butler/Haywood/Injury Exception? I have absolutely no idea if the numbers work, but that would seem to be exactly what we need, if Kevin Martin could be had.

In all reality, before the trade for Butler went down, I always wanted Kevin Martin. I absolutely love what Butler brings to the table in every aspect. He's absolutely nasty on the court, he's very respectful off the court, great community guy, great locker room guy, and everyone seems to love him on the team. Needless to say, I have really loved what Caron has brought to this team. And, prior to the injury, I thought we didn't need a trade to be championship material. With the way Caron was stepping in to that 2nd scoring option behind dirk (see his 20ppg avg over the last 7 games), and with Roddy B coming back, I thought we were already one of the best teams in the league, and with Roddy we would be right up there with the Lakers.

However, with this damn injury, we're clearly back down in that 2nd tier, more than likely even with Roddy. We need a trade in order to compete for a championship NOW. With the lockout looming, there is no guarantee we will ever get another chance with Dirk and Kidd. If there is any way to get Kevin Martin, I think we need to go for it, and here's why:

Kevin Martin is one of the most gifted offensive players I've seen. I put him up there in that 1st tier of scorers in this league. He absolutely breathtaking to watch. His jumper is absolutely WET, from any range. But the best part about him, is he doesn't seem to fall in love with his jumper. He takes a ton of FT's, because he gets in the lane and isn't scared of taking it to the hole. Best part is, he gives us another 90% FT shooter along side Dirk. In my opinion, Kevin Martin has always been the perfect Robin to Dirk's Batman. And with him, when Dirk retires, he could take over that #1 option with ease. Look at the season he's having on an absolutely terrible Rockets team.

If we could get Kevin Martin, I'd start saving for NBA Championship tickets. With our current roster, we prolly won't make it past the 2nd round, if that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote