View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #55
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

2010 is a dream beyond a dream...this is our summer to make a massive move. The teams that are pining away for 2010 will wanna deal with us in a big way to get in even better position for that summer. Teams that are desperate to shed payroll will wanna deal with us because we have a lot of contracts that definitely help their situation. Cuban seems ready and able to absorb contracts.

I think Howard is going to have pretty good value this summer...much better than last year. People will want that contract and the player isn't half bad to go with it as well. The ankles will be a minor concern but they'll trust that the doctors did their job.

Going for Artest is great for two reasons: If you get him, that helps you big time. If you don't, you're driving the price up for Houston because they'll definitely want to keep him around. If you do that, you've helped hamper a team financially.

The problem with a guy like Hinrich, it's going to take value to get him...not salary dump. He is a valuable player to their team. The problem is he's basically a backup. I don't think we have pieces they necessarily want...but it's still a route we should pursue. I actually read that Minnesota and Chicago might be partners in a Hinrich for Mike Miller deal this summer.

Oh, and if we're talking to Atlanta...put me down for Joe Johnson before Josh Smith.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-14-2009 at 01:02 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote