View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #62
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ok, I didn't look at his whole team.

As far as Josh Smith, I was the main one saying that I wasn't going to happen last year. This year I'm not sure how comfortable the Hawks are paying him $48MM over the next four years. They may prefer the to pay Howard his $11MM and get better point production while having the flexibility to get rid of him if they choose. Remember this is an organization that always has an eye on the bottom line.

Smith didn't really improve this season and actually regressed in certain areas. He's a horrible outside shooter and while he does a decent job of getting to the line he made less than 60% of his FTA's this year.

I don't know that trading him for Howard makes us any better. If we trade Josh it needs to be in a package that brings back a star.