View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 02:22 AM   #69
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Oh ok, I didn't look at his whole team.

As far as Josh Smith, I was the main one saying that I wasn't going to happen last year. This year I'm not sure how comfortable the Hawks are paying him $48MM over the next four years. They may prefer the to pay Howard his $11MM and get better point production while having the flexibility to get rid of him if they choose. Remember this is an organization that always has an eye on the bottom line.

Smith didn't really improve this season and actually regressed in certain areas. He's a horrible outside shooter and while he does a decent job of getting to the line he made less than 60% of his FTA's this year.

I don't know that trading him for Howard makes us any better. If we trade Josh it needs to be in a package that brings back a star.

No. Josh Smith is 5 times the defender Howard is. He's not nearly as injury prone. His jumper is worse (although not too much) but he has an actual sense of shot selection and doesn't force shit. He gets the crowd involved with big dunks, gets easy buckets (instead of Jho ISO step back jumpers) and he's a way better passer.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote