View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Arguing Greatest RB is like arguing whether Wilt Chamberlain or Michael Jordan is the best player ever in basketball. Opinions.

I'd probably take Bill Russell, or Oscar Robertson as best ever -- but that is just an opinion as well.

Jim Brown was excellent, Smith holds the records though because he did it longer. Sanders was great, but he played on awful teams.

With that said Earl Campbell is my vote for best ever -- if you discount longevity. I loved watching him run.

<edit> I forgot to include Walter Payton... no GREAT running back discussion can be had without including his name, IMO.
I dont agree with Earl Campbell at all. I would not even name him in the Top 10. Now, I loved to watch him play and his bruising style, but Earl is the exact same bruiser as Jim Brown BUT w/o the speed. Bruiser/Speed Combo is something that usually dont mix. Jim Brown did it best, and I would say that Walter Payton was 2nd in that combination. IMO, but like you said, we can make a case for a couple of players on this, but IMO Earl Campbell is not close to being the Greatest RB of All-Time. At the time, I liked Jim Riggins over Earl
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote