View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #7
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Ok, I get your point but is it right for them to say "either agree with us or we will take away $100 million in revenue for your businesses"? It's one thing to stand in front of mic (which I still don't like) but it's another to say I'm going to take away money from you.
I think you have to speak in terms politicians understand ($$$). Back in the 1960s Coca-Cola threatened to leave Atlanta when social-conservatives refused to attend an integrated dinner honoring MLK Jr. for his Nobel Peace Prize. I'm personally happy to see progressive institutions throw their weight around. Lord knows the Koch brothers have their say.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswit...-social-change