View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 09:55 AM   #18
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dal/Port Would you do it? Would Portland?

Just say no to Patterson. Miles has like 5 years left on his contract, and has never lived up to hype, although he does have hops. NVE isn't the same, but you aren't really asking him to be either.

I still really like the Fin/Bradley/Daniels for NVE/Ratliff deal. Moving Fin and Daniels still leaves us with plenty of 2/3's. Terry, Howard, Stackhouse, KVH, and even NVE can play some 2 or 3. You really only need 3.

Bradley isn't going to play here anyway, why keep him? No one seems to know how to utilize what he does bring to the table.

Daniels is really just the odd man out here, and would get more playing time there. You have to give up something to get something.

NVE is gone either way, since they won't pick up his option except in a trade.

Ratliff primarily is their shot blocker anyway, and Bradley is a pretty good shotblocker himself.

I just don't see the really bad downside to the trade for either side, other than the Fin fans (of which I am one) not liking to see Fin go. Maybe if you see it as lopsided, and Dallas giving up to much, maybe they would throw in a draft pick somewhere. I personally think only 1st round picks are worth something anyway.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote