View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 01:08 PM   #14
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:New polls out, Bush slip sliding away

I find this reporting very, very slanted in its depiction of what the commission's findings will be. (So they've already reached conclusions?)

The article characterizes the commissioners' findings as being that the attacks were preventable, taking great care to obscure their quotes saying that a LOT of IFs would've had to fall into place.

IMO, to say that the attacks were preventable pretty much flies in the face of common sense, and no matter how hard media outlets like the NYTimes try to spin the facts to the contrary, I believe that the average sentient voter knows and understands this.

The reference to poll results in the final paragraph is also telling--GWB's admin has taken the Dims' best punch (and in terms of political theater it was a good one), but this only influences public perception over handling of terrorism, not his overall approval rating.

Will be interesting to see if/how these numbers rebound after Rice's testimony.

If I were part of the vast left-wing conspiracy that is the Kerry campaign and the liberal media, I would be worried.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote