View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 06:33 PM   #27
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: New polls out, Bush slip sliding away

What does this contested point about Saddam and 9/11 have to do with anything anyway? Iraq was all about a broader war on terror. I don't remember Bush ever saying that the reason we went into Iraq was because Saddam was responsible for 9/11. The Bush adminstration made their case to the UN by arguing that Iraq had violated dozens of UN ordinances regarding their weapons programs (they did... constantly. making a joke out of the UN in the process).

It was a legal war, and a war that unquestionably fits into a war on terror . If you don't beleive that, I can find you boat loads of documentation of Saddam funding terrorist organizations, allowing terrorists to set up training camps in Iraq, creating and USING biological terror weapons himself, etc etc...

There is also quite a bit of evidence showing that Iraqi agents met with Al Qaeda operatives several times prior to 9-11. I know you've seen the evidence before, because you've commented on it in the lounge area. I'm guessing that you've selectively ignored it.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote