View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 09:45 AM   #12
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Mathews is the weakest link so far. Parsons not far off though.
Matthews just needs to start hitting his shots. Everything else that he's been doing is fine as he was brought to Dallas to provide some defense. I think it's yet to be determined what role Matthews will have offensively because I think he has been taking way too many shots but this might also be what RC wants from him.

If you look at Parsons' current production you probably can't figure out what he's been doing on the court. I haven't seen him fit into this new situation.

It's way too early to call it quits on Parsons but it's no surprise that people have started to voice their concerns. Right now it also looks like he's going to opt in after the season because I doubt anyone is going to offer him bigger starting salary than he can have with Mavs next season.

I think Parsons could be amazing defensively with his size but I just don't see the effort. It may be that he still isn't comfortable after his injury but certainly he hasn't done any major leaps after he arrived in Dallas. I also think he gives way too much credit to himself of being ball handler and great at passing the ball. Offense always stops when he gets the ball and then starts to look who to pass it on to. And don't even get me started with his pump fakes even when he's open for the shot...

Overall I think this Mavs team is really fascinating. RC has his hands full come January or February once everyone gets used to each other. You can put JaVale McGee into starting lineup and Mavs have completely different offense; you can do 3-guard lineup; you can do something with Parsons in the lineup - I guess this is something we've yet to witness.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote