View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:56 AM   #32
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post

2. I agree on the Generic threads. They are not the best place for discussion. Which is why I generally post stuff to them that I don't think will garner much attention. "This Itailian dude rocks" qualifies, in my opinion, so I moved it. I'm certainly open to a discussion on whether people would have preferred it be kept there, but let's not act like moving an insignificant thread is the end of the world, please.
The post was not "This Italian dude rocks"

I attended the Knicks game @ MSG on Saturday night. I watched Danilo Gallinari, a tall, sweet shooting Euro in basically his rookie season and came away thoroughly impressed. Every person in the building was like, "Holy Shit. This guy is like Nowitzki. Could he be better?" Thought to myself- "I'll post that to D-M.com. Surely the "General NBA Section" of that site would be enhanced by a thread devoted to that topic, even as it demoted threads such as "Rashard Lewis gets suspended during the offseason" and "The Spurs got fined $25,000 in August."

Was the thread long? No. Did it contain a link to an article? No. It was an attempt to start a discussion, and as I stated previously, there are very few "good threads" started anymore. Everything is buried in "The Official Season Thread," "The Official Off Season Thread," "The Game Day Thread," and the the "Post Game Thread."

And Flacolaco, maybe you have never heard of him, but isn't part of the reason you visit an internet message board to learn things that you don't already know?

Whatever. It seems around here, you can't start a discussion without it being moved to the "General" thread and you can't state an opinion without being insulted by hacks.

Did I mention this place was not as dynamic as it used to be?

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote