View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #458
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
Back to Ron Washington. What part of his great managing 75% of the time encompasses getting your team to win on the road in the playoffs? Or getting you guys in the right frame of mind at all? Obviously, something needs to change in the pitching game. Cliff Lee, as stellar as he is, struggled in the WS last year - looking oddly similar to our guys this year when the stakes were at their highest.
Two bad games are basically meaningless in baseball. The fact that they happened in the WS is random chance. Using Lee as an example of what's wrong with the coaching staff is absurd. Do you have any idea how rare and difficult it is to make back to back World Series? Baseball in the playoffs is a freaking crap shoot of small sample size.

I realize this hurts. Trust me, it hurts me something fierce. But once you're over the hurt, this team should be celebrated for what it accomplished. And yes, there are ways to improve. But getting rid of Wash is not an improvement, and neither is getting rid of CJ. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not in favor of overpaying CJ, but him leaving is a big blow to the team, not an opportunity for improvement.

Also, it would take 20+ million a year for Pujols. Don't see that happening.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-29-2011 at 11:12 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote