View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #471
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Can't see Young going anywhere with his complete no trade in place, unless he throws another hissy fit.

I'm curious to see if the Ranger look at offers for Torrealba. He's a starting quality catcher. Just depends on how many games they want Napoli to catch I guess.
Yeah, trading Torrealba was something I thought of during the playoffs actually. Thought that if he wasn't good enough to depend on in multiple pinch-hit situations where Wash used someone else instead of him, does he have a role on this team next year with Napoli obviously scheduled to get the lion's share of games behind the plate. You still need a dependable backup catcher in case Napoli goes down and Torrealba provides great insurance, but another quality bullpen arm or, as someone previously suggested, a RH utility outfielder (preferably with some pop) could prove quite useful.

Wonder what Torrealba could net us...