View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #31
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Thanks, again. Your recaps are good too.

I agree the 3-guard lineup hurt big time and gave Memphis a lot of momentum. Both teams played piss-poor defense but Dallas ultimately laid the egg with the rebounding edge. You can't let Memphis out-rebound you and get so many 2nd chance opportunities...ESPECIALLY if they're shooting such a high percentage. Teams can kill you on the offensive boards usually if they're shooting crappy, but you're asking to get hurt if they shoot well and get offensive rebounds.

With Hollins, I think it's another part of the mantra of always be ready...just don't assume. The might've been a problem because Gasol is a pretty physical guy and I think this would've been a heavy foul per minute situation for Hollins.

I can say with more confidence JJ is playing better ball that Jet right now. Jet HAS to be shooting well or isn't doing much of anything. Both of them are rough on defense but JJ has been a little more efficient and hasn't been terrible in distribution, compared to Jet.
I agree with what you said about JET. He hasn't been himself. I don't know if its the lingering injury or what. He has been shooting poorly and his shot selection has been questionable. He relies too much on the 3 ball that it becomes a love hate relationship with me. If he makes it, I cheer him to death. But when he misses, I cringe and say "drive to the basket JET!!!" Furthermore, his passing and decision making have been terrible these past few games. I hope its just a funk and that he can get out of it soon. This team needs him badly.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote