View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #283
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33 View Post
It got a little closer than I would have liked at the end of the game, but that was another impressive win for the Mavs. To go into Orlando and work your way to a 20 point lead and double digit type win is hard to do. When Dwight Howard is playing like he was tonight, it's even harder.

This Maverick offense is really clicking right now. I don't know if it's all because Kidd is calling the plays or not, but something has really turned for the better on that end of the floor.

Speaking of Jason Kidd, I thought he was fantastic again tonight. It really has felt like he's been able to make an even greater imprint of these games than usual the last week or so. I don't know if that coincidental or not.

Dirk is amazing. He's so good that we probably all take 30 for granted.

And it sure is nice to have 20 points every game coming off your bench. There's no one even close to Jet in the sixth man competition.

I thought Damp was really good tonight. I'm sure people will remember his alley-oop with Kidd, but he worked hard against Howard and did his job.

Bass and Hollins took turns too. Hollins couldn't stop fouling, and Bass had a little bit of trouble too, but I thought they did an admirable job considering the competition. That is a position that concerns me still though. What happens if you run into a big team in the playoffs?

I didn't see much of Josh in the fourth quarter, but I was in and out and trying to get some other things done. He didn't seem to shoot particularly well though. I still thought he looked pretty decent when I saw him in the first half.

Antoine Wright just continues to impress me and intrigue me. He's got a smoothness to his game that I like, and I really appreciate his defensive work. He did a great job against those perimeter threats tonight. And if he can continue to stick half of his open jumpers, he can really help this team.

But I'm really impressed with how this team has played in the last week. I hope they're finally starting to turn a corner. And I still think they can make another addition to this team to really give them a lift. I don't know if that's Stack coming back or someone else coming in via trade, but I think this team can get better.

Hollins had a few calls against him that made it really frustrating to watch. The most bs calls I have seen consecutively since the finals. Bass and Damp had a few bad calls on them too. The refs were anticipating too many calls on the drive and in the paint, it was pathetic.

I was happy with Jho's game overall. He is probably due for a few stinkers in a row now, but it wouldn't surprise me if he continues to play well just long enough to make it past the trade deadline still in a Mav uniform!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote