View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 07:08 PM   #1739
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I mean, Crowder has no reason to lie, but this feels more like a pumped to be with a new team talk more than anything. It's easy to be like "yeah, I took less money to be with you, cuz I'm all about the Suns!" on the first day of camp.

But if true, then I'm perplexed as to why the Mavs would even consider offering that kind of money...esp after just drafting Green.
Well, it's really important to note (and I say this often, dating all the way back to when Crowder was drafted) that even though he's 6'6", CROWDER IS A 4. Fans always look at his size and assume THEIR team will play him at the 3 if they get him (or even the 2, lol), but he has consistently been a positive as 4, and that's his best position, by far.

Look at who the Mavs targeted:

Gallo (4)
Covington (4)
Crowder (4)
Wood (I'd argue that he's mostly a 5, but you could talk yourself into him playing 4 a bit)

And they ended up with Johnson (4).

So, I doubt they saw him as redundant with Green (wing - 2/3) in any way, tbh. But, I'm still glad things worked out the way they did.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 12-02-2020 at 07:09 PM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote