Thread: Wackonomics
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 10:38 AM   #12
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Well it just has to be done. We can't keep spending at the ridiculous standard that has been set in recent years. A lot of people are going to lose their jobs in the process, but the economy needs to kind of reset.

And by the way Alex, is there a discount for ordering 3 whole years of ASS magazine?
Exactly what the economy needs is a kind of reset, IMO....I think, and I've hardly the ability to explain it adequately, but I think one of the consequences of the manner in which our monetary / fiscal situation has been managed over the last 15 years is that it leads to all manner of "mal-investments" -- we get people heavily employed in building mcmansions, investments in companies dedicated to providing pet owners with an internet portal to purchase dog food, etc.... it's going to take time to unwind these bad investments and get people employed in more productive endeavors, and I think it will unavoidably be a painful time.

as for the ASS magazine subscription, yes, it's like 50% off the newsstand price...

...i mean, my friend tells me it's a big discount.