Thread: Wackonomics
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #39
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Sometimes watching the government is liking watching a really bad movie. You basically know the plot, and it's best just to follow along and make fun of things rather than to try too take it to seriously.

News from the Depart of Really Easy Things to Foresee

So....

a) A bunch of people who weren't capable of managing their financial affairs in January of '08 are likewise incapable of managing their financial affairs in December of '08. No kidding. This is the sum and substance of all of these bailouts -- give our money to people who have already proven an ability to squander their own money.

b) Government discussions always focus on what more the government should do, never on whether the government should do anything in the first place. Always, always, always the debate is between the party that thinks the government should do a helluva lot more (ie, Republicans) and the party that thinks that a helluva lot more isn't nearly enough (Democrats and Commies, but I repeat myself).
This is Katrina all over again, where those $2K FEMA visa cards were handed out and were spent at strip clubs.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote