View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #91
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
No GDT, eh? Well, overall, that was a pretty crappy Pistons team that showed up tonight, but I'll still take the win. Great efforts by Brand (both sides of the ball) and Mayo (stroking the three and attacking on the break) in the second half to bring it home. Nice to see Sarge get some good minutes, too, considering the occasion.

Can't not comment on Fish, this being his first game. Shot was definitely off. That may or may not get fixed, but it'd be great if it did. Watching these young guys running the point so much this year, his experience and IQ stood out even through the rust. One thing that I noticed on one play in particular was his screen setting. Can't remember the whole breakdown of the play, but the crux of it was that he set an elbow screen that freed up Marion for a catch in space and an easy finish at the basket. It was probably the single best pick I've seen a Maverick player set this year.
The other thing he did out there was battle. He was switched multiple times on bigger dudes and he battled em. He didn't just let them walk all over him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote