View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Lendale White is the sticking point on the keepers. I see no reason to keep him. I'd look into Bradshaw from the Giants and Davis from the Browns...in a keeper league, especially. But even in a non-keeper league, I can't imagine taking Lendale White that high.

I also wouldn't keep Cooley, unless your league had nuts settings.
Lendale scored 15 TDs last year, those short yardage, pound it in to the endzone RBs are golden in our league because it gives ZERO credit for yards, tds are the only thing that matters.

as far as cooley, he is one of the few TEs that is generally worth anything. in this league we start

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 D/special teams

(remembering that only points matter, so for instance, a good strong stingy D that typically causes 3-and-outs all game-- like they are supposed to-- is worse than a porous gambling D that always goes for the home run turnover, taken back for the score)

anyway, for most teams, the TE spot is a complete waste of roster space. But if you have Witten, Gonzalez or Cooley, you essentially have 3 WR that might get you points. It is good to have 2 of the top 3 players in a position, if for no other reason than to keep them off the field elsewhere.

unlike most leagues (where RB is the most important position) in this league QB is by far the most important. and it is the area where my team sucks ass.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote