View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #20
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
making fun of 92bdad is all good and well, but why ignore his larger point?
Because his larger point rests upon a highly emotionally charged and factually challenged premise...

The facts as far as I can ascertain concerning Al-Shiri are these....

he was released from Gitmo in 2007, probably because he had a relative who knew the Bush family pretty well; and an "Internet statement, which could not immediately be verified, said al-Shihri was the group's second-in-command in Yemen". Everything else is speculation and fluff.

[Yes it's true that these missionaries were killed in Yemen and that the USS Cole was attacked in the Gulf of Yemen (how dare someone attack our Destroyer). The lesson I learn from all this is 'stay the fuck out of Yemen'.]

Anyhoo...why isn't the press making a bigger deal out of the fact a guy might be in yemen if an unverifiable internet statement is correct? I don't know, probably because the press hates freedom and want the terrorists to win.

Last edited by alexamenos; 06-24-2009 at 03:09 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote