Thread: Mein Drumpf
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 10:40 AM   #401
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I never said it was alright... But how the hell does a border patrol agent getting killed by some white psychopath connect to the phrase "tell cops to stop killing black people"?? You're the one making illogical leaps here.
It was referring to my statement about cops going home in a body bag after a bad day at work, but in this case a bad day grocery shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I have several friends that are police officers. I would literally bet my life that they are not "killing black people". Would you bet your life that they do? This kind of statement is a huge part of the problem. Are there bad cops? YES! But I also believe that is the vast minority of them. I also give them a ton of leeway to deal with "work situations". If I have a bad day at work, I come home in a grumpy mood. If they have a bad at work, they go home in a body bag ... for $50-70k a year including overtime. There are bad people in every single profession. But I will never condemn all officers, fire fighters, or teachers. They all are grossly underpaid for what they do and deal with on a daily basis. If you want to come up with ways to figure out the bad ones and get them out, that's different. But to blanket make statements like "cops kill black people" is flat out wrong.

Last edited by MavzMan; 10-02-2017 at 10:41 AM.